This smoothie is wonderful for rehydrating yourself and restoring electrolyte balance as coconut water is rich in electrolytes. It is considered nature’s gatorade. A fun fact about coconut water, is that during WW2, because it is so similar to the makeup of human plasma, it was actually used to transfuse soldiers in the Pacific Islands when they were short on human blood!
With the addition of mint and ginger to the smoothie, it is not only tasty but helpful for good digestion, and the pineapple is good for fighting inflammation due to the enzyme Bromelain. Since the smoothie is also loaded with healthy greens like kale, spinach, and HumanN’s HeartGreens (a powerhouse mix of nutrient rich greens), it is rich in chlorophyll which helps to detoxify and cleanse your system. The hemp seeds add a little protein, chlorophyll, and healthy Essential Fatty Acids such as Omega 3’s and 6’s.
- 8 oz coconut water (we used Harmless Harvest)
- 2 tsp HumanN HeartGreens
- 2 tblsp hemp seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 English cucumber cubed
- 2/3 cup packed baby kale or could use stripped reg kale
- 3/4 cup packed baby spinach
- 3/4 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup mango, fresh or frozen
- 1/2-3/4 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped well
- 4 mint leaves
- If desire sweeter taste: add 1 tsp liquid sweetener(agave, maple)
*If didn’t use any frozen fruits, then add 1 1/2 cups ice.
Put everything into your blender. Blend ingredients until ingredients are well mixedand smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!! This will make 2 12-13oz smoothies.