Have you been looking for the perfect snack to take on the go? Than @FoodByMaria has the perfect snack combination for you to try the next time you want to make a snack ahead of time for your busy schedule. Her SuperBeets mixed berry jam with granola squares is a great nutritious option for you the next time you get home from the gym or have an early morning meeting.
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 40 mins
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
- GRANOLA SQUARES:
- Chia egg:
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 12 tbsp water
- 18 dates, soaked ( you an use half, then do around ½ a cup of maple sugar or similar)
- 2½ cup of oats
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 flax seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- SUPERBEETS BEET CHIA JAM:
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp SuperBeets
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment, and grease with coconut oil (I didn’t use the right size pan, so yours will come out much thicker, my bad, ha). Set aside.
- Soak your dates in warm water, and prepare your chia egg (combine both chia seeds and water to a bowl). Set aside for ten minutes.
- To a sauce pan, add all the Jam ingredients apart from the SuperBeets, and cook on low for around 20 minutes. Stir occasionally, to avoid burning, and clumps.
- Now add your dates to a food processor and blitz for around a minute till you reach a really rich and thick paste consistency.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients in the granola list, not the chia eggs though.
- Blend this mixture till you reach a really good and well combined consistency.
- Transfer the mixture from the food processor to a bowl, and stir in the chia eggs.
- Now add the mixture to the pan, and cook for around 40 minutes, or until golden brown, and slightly crispy at the top. The toothpick test works here.
- Once your jam has cooked for around 20 minutes, remove it from heat and let it cool, completely.
- Once cooled, stir in the Superbeets, and can it or put it in the fridge! It will last you up to 5 days, or so.
- Remove the bars from the oven after 40 minutes, cut into squares once cooled, and enjoy with delicious jam!