What you choose to eat after a hard workout is often more important than what you eat beforehand. It is also packed with 5 delicious anti inflammatory ingredients: beetroot, pineapple, tart cherries, turmeric, and cinnamon. This smoothie bowl will help to rehydrate you and the coconut water will help to restore electrolyte balance. You will replenish lost carbohydrates and will fuel your muscles with the necessary proteins to rebuild and heal themselves for your next workout!
Yesterday we celebrated Bryce’s 18th birthday in Chile!! We had such a fabulous time! We have eaten sooo much amazing food on this trip so when we get home it will be smoothies, smoothie bowls, and salads for days…LOL😉. Can’t BEET this 😜 for a RECOVERY SMOOTHIE BOWL
3/4 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or frozen (partially thawed)
3/4 cup tart cherries, frozen (partially thawed) 1/4 cup coconut water
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
1 tbsp protein powder
1 1/2 tsp of @super_beets Black Cherry powder
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 small lemon juiced
pinch sea salt
Optional: Add 1 medjool date (pre soak in water 10-15 minutes first) or 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup if desire sweeter smoothie #superfoodsmoothie #smoothie #smoothiebowl #beets #beetroot
- 3/4 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or frozen( partially thaw)
- 3/4 cup tart cherries, frozen(partially thaw)
- 1/4 cup coconut water(not from concentrate and sourced from young coconuts)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1 tbsp protein powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of SuperBeets Black Cherry powder
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 small lemon juiced
- pinch sea salt
- Optional: Add 1 medjool date (pre soak in water 10-15 minutes first) or 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup if desire sweeter smoothie
- Put fruits in blender, followed by spices, beetroot powder, and hemp seeds.
- Then add coconut oil and liquid ingredients.
- Blend until everything is well incorporated and smoothie is thick and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and layer on toppings of choice such as nuts, seeds, fresh fruit, granola, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, or goji berries!
- If you don’t wish to make a smoothie bowl, simply add more coconut water and make it into a smoothie you can drink.