By: Jennifer Fleming, PhD, MS, RD, LDN
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I am a strong proponent of the Mediterranean diet. Even during the holidays, I like to make recipes that are comforting yet healthy. That’s where these Molasses Spiced Cookies come into play. They’re a delicious batch of cookies with spices that are perfect for this time of year. Enjoy!
Yield: 24 cookies
Time: 1.5 hours (chilling time)
- 3⁄4 cup Butter, Unsalted
- 1 cup Sugar, Granulated, White
- 1 large Egg, Whole
- 1⁄4 cup Molasses
- 2 1⁄2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Salt, Iodized
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Cloves, Ground
- Beat butter in a stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until incorporated. Add egg and molasses, beating until incorporated.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cloves. Add flour mix to butter mixture slowly, beating on low speed.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to chill for 1 hour.
- Scoop dough into 2 oz. balls and bake on parchment lined sheet trays for 9-11 minutes at 3500 F.
- Remove cookies to wire racks and allow to cool completely.