View this post on Instagram
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 – 1 inch chunks of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- Pinch red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 3 large red beets, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt + more to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper + more to taste
- 2 scoops of HumanN’s SuperBeets Collagen
- Canned pickled beets for garnish
- Drizzle of sour cream of coconut milk for garnish
- Crusty bread for serving
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook stirring about 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in cumin and red pepper flakes and stir until fragrant. Just a few seconds.
- Add in beets, salt and pepper and stir to combine all of the veggies.
- Add in vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce and simmer over low heat until beets are cooked through and fork tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer beet soup to a blender in batches and carefully blend to puree. Or use an immersion blender if you have one.
- Transfer pureed soup back to pot and stir in SuperBeets Collagen and coconut milk. Note: you may want to set some coconut milk aside to drizzle on top if you are not using sour cream.
- Heat soup again over low heat stirring in the coconut milk and collagen. Taste and season again with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of sour cream or coconut milk, a few slices of picked beets, and crusty bread for dipping.