Have you been looking for a way to sneak some more greens in to your morning smoothie? Look no further than this great Berry Green Smoothie recipe by Lexi & Beth (@SuperFoodRunner) which also helps makes use of any extra berries you happen to have laying around.
- 1/2 cup raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup blackberries, frozen or fresh
- 6 strawberries, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup tightly packed spinach
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop (2 tsp) of HeartGreens
- 3/4 tsp of SuperBeets beetroot powder
- 1/2 cup no sugar added blueberry juice
- 1/4 cup maple water
- If desire sweeter: add 1-2 tsp of maple syrup or agave nectar
If you are making a smoothie bowl, I would definitely use frozen fruits so it is thick enough to hold your toppings of choice.
- Throw all of the ingredients into a blender on high speed.
- Blend until well mixed.